torsdag 21. oktober 2010

Tell me your magic moment, and i tell you who you are....

Some moments are pure magic.

So magic that even a grown up guy can shed a tear or two, knowing that for him, this moment is something that he will treasure for the rest of his life. 

It doesn’t have to be a big event.  Just a daily episode that could mean nothing for most people, but it could still mean the world to you.   A moment of love, remembering, sorrow, longing, or even something you cannot define – it is just there, flowing from somewhere deep inside into all parts of your brain, making you aware that you are now experiencing something so special that it will forever be there, a major part of what is making you be the person you are...

And when you think of it, you may not find to many moments,  that really qualify for this short circuit inside that tells you that your personality will be marked forever.

Some of these moments are to personal to express here.  Others could have had just the same impact on your life and soul, and can be shared.

I have a few… Some only on the qualifying list, but that doesn’t really count here. Like Coldplay performing Fix You on a magic September night at Wembley,  London in 2009.  It was magic, but still just a runner up. 

But one moment in the music world did have an impact on me. Forever.

It was 19 August 1997.  It was a late summer night.  And it was Michael Jackson

Not one of my favorites at the time, I must admit.  But for my son Ivar, at the age of 10 it was his biggest dream was to see Michael, and who can resist trying to fulfill your children’s dream when you can help him achieve it?  I am not going to tell the story how I bought the VIP tickets with backstage passes, or the fact that my sons anticipation was actually making him sick, so we had to go in the middle of the show (and what a show) that prevented us to go backstage.

But it was this magic moment again…  Not anticipated, nor expected (not being very interested in Michael Jackson) – it just hit me like a hammer. Out of the blue – with the help of a magic artist, the moon and some magnificent birds…

It was in the twilight zone between day and night.  A slow intro… and the crowd went crazy for a few seconds before just staring and listening in awe when this superb entertainer started singing.  Just then, the clouds broke up… and there was a full moon coming up.  No show plan could even anticipate such a scenery; Michael Jackson on his monumental stage, covered in the light of the moon… and then, as if this was not magic enough, the moment is there;  

A group of beautiful white swans decided that this is the time to pass Valle Hovin arena… they fly “through” the moon…. slowly… Full of grace, and the magic moment was completed…

What I was thinking…? 

I will not tell… but it made an impact for the rest of my life, and I hope that when my day comes, I will relive this moment, together with the other magic moments, before I close my eyes and go to sleep…

And the song?  “You are not alone”…..  Do I need to say more?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar